Thursday, August 05, 2010

Urban Adventures

Sometimes I like to pretend that I'm a real urbanite. So, for one of our adventures we headed downtown. The main objective was to eat lunch with Jon in his office's conference room while watching the Blue Angels rehearse for their Seafair Shows. But, when traffic delayed us and we missed the practice session, I came up with a plan B; head to Chinatown for some seasoned ramen noodles for the Chinese chicken salad I was going to make for Jon's wedding luncheon.

So, like a true city-dweller, from Jon's office we headed to the bus tunnel and took light rail to the International District. Coming out of the tunnel, Seth was immediately drawing to this lovely bit of urban landscaping:
He was so taken with the rocks he even tried to stash a few of them in his pockets for the ride home. Unfortunately, his shorts weren't quite equal to the rocks' weight. Plus, I couldn't really condone stealing. So the rocks stayed.

Matthew tended more toward the sculptured part of the landscaping; perfectly suited for peek-a-boo:
I swear I had a picture of Matthew's face peeking from behind this pillar, but I guess I was just too slow, or I lost it somewhere in the digital picture black hole.

After an unsuccesful trip into the market, the boys took the time to make some wishes at the fountain, before we headed back on the light rail to Jon's office.

Then, while waiting to meet Jon again to say good-bye, the boys explored the giant flower outside Jon's building.
Maybe not the most exciting adventure day, but an adventure nonetheless.

No comments: