Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hike

The boys and I ventured East along with some other kiddie hikers and hiked along the middle fork of the Snoqualmie river.

This was Seth's first time walking all on his own. Jelly beans dropped along the trail came in handy as a motivator, although I think that I've set a dangerous precedence. The boys enjoyed the hike, the treats, playing in the sand, and for Matthew, building dams. A complete success!

At the beginning of the hike.
Seth shows his displeasure at not being allowed to climb on the bridge.
Taking a little water and jelly bean break. Seth collected his jelly beans in his sand bucket.
Matthew beginning his dam.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love hiking! What a neat bridge, too! Looks like it was a gorgeous day.

Chelsea said...

These pictures make me miss the pacific northwest so much! Julie...I sent you an email the other day. I hope you got it. If not, thanks so much for the baby gift. We're getting so excited just a few more weeks of waiting.