Saturday, August 21, 2010
Another *Hike*
The boys and I ventured out again, but this time we stayed a little closer to home. We headed up to Magnolia and "hiked" around Discovery park.
My only attempt to get a picture of the majority of the group; I missed half of them! Why do kids move so quickly exactly when you want to to hold still?
This time our group seemed a little kid heavy. Three adults to six kids; one 5-yr old, two 4-yr olds, and three 2-yr olds. So, we were a kind of slow moving group. Mike & Ikes and Skittles helped the pace, but it was still pretty slow. Originally I had hoped to make it all the way down to the beach from the east parking lot, but we didn't quite make it. However, we did manage to collect a letterbox stamp, pick and eat lots of blackberries, and enjoy the scenery before reaching our destination- a huge sand dune.

The kids certainly enjoyed some of the best sand in Seattle and unknowingly seemed to transport half of the dune in their clothes. Hopefully we'll return soon and make it to the beach, although we might have a tough time convincing them to go anywhere besides the dune!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun!! Hope you didn't get too much sand in the car :)
Beautiful! And so true about kids bringing half the sand home in their clothes. Ethan has a sandbox and I have to sweep the floors multiple times a day to keep up with it - even when I think he's gotten it all off!
PS: It was great to see you at the reunion and catch up a bit! Hopefully we can make it up to Seattle again soon. :)
Post a Comment