As usual, Julie prepared for Easter the night before by making and decorating sugar cookies. She always includes them in the kids' baskets, explaining that she adds them after the Easter bunny comes.
For the boys' baskets, the got the usual candy and cookies. This year they each got Thomas Legos, a tie and vest combination, and a book.
We got out the video camera for the morning. First, we have to show you the boys going down the stairs and getting started. Seth is more concerned about his doggie (which he pronounces without the "g" sounds) than finding eggs. We all try to encourage him, to no avail.
After Seth got tired finding eggs (i.e., having us try to convince him that finding eggs is fun), Matthew found his basket for him. You can see that he wasn't even excited about that at first, but he started warming up to it.
Matthew, on the other hand, was very excited about finding his basket. Although, he couldn't come up with many good places to look by himself (sorry, the silverware drawer doesn't count as a good place to hide an Easter basket).
After we found baskets, the boys were happy to play with all their new stuff...
...and eat goodies. Seth was especially cute eating his goodies and showing off his Elmo eggs.
After all the fun, Jon cooked us some "dessert" to follow up on our cookie and candy breakfast: Easter-colored hash browns and eggs.
3 comments:
The other day I was trying to figure out why it had felt like forever since I'd had to do Easter for Molly, and I remembered because last year we were at your house! Watching those videos brought fun memories of that trip back. Can't believe how big both Matthew and Seth are these days. Cute!
What a fun Easter! Matthew reminds me so much of my nephew Tyler. So cute and calm but can show cute emotions. Those cookies look sooooo good. I wish I could make sugar cookies : )
Your boys are looking so grown up! I can't believe it. Those cookies are amazing, Julie. I would buy some if I lived nearby! Glad you're doing well and had a nice Easter.
Post a Comment