Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Animal/Pumpkin Farm

What would October be without a trip to the pumpkin farm? We had intended to go one Saturday as a family, but all the farms seemed so far away and all our Saturdays seemed so busy. So, I settled for just going with Matthew on his preschool field trip.

Hats off to his teacher who was brave enough to take twenty or so 3-4 year old kids on a field trip. I don't think that I'd be that brave. I never even wanted to high schoolers on a field trip. Matthew was excited to ride with his class on a real school bus (What are the odds he'll still feel that way about buses in middle school? High school?). So, I dropped him off in the morning at preschool, stopped by my parents house to feed Seth and then met him and his class at the farm.

The farm was only about 15 minutes from my parent's house, but I wouldn't really call it a farm. There were no wide open fields and I suspect that most the pumpkins that they had there weren't grown on site. They did, however, have lots of animals, including a about ten piglets, two of which were born just last week.

Matthew's favorite part (or so he says) was petting the goats. I enjoyed watching him interact with his friends and teachers. Despite often being difficult at home, Matthew is a great preschooler, but I guess I knew that.

2 comments:

Shalene said...

it looks like he was really enjoying the outing!!! it makes yhe trip so much more wort it! matthew is getting so big!!!

sharon said...

Happy Halloween hope you guys had a good one