Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weigh In

Seth recently had his 9 month appointment. Here's his stats:

Weight: 18 lbs, 2 oz (11%)
Height: 28.5 in (55%)
Head: 44.25 cm (25%)

It's funny, we call Seth our chunky baby, but apparently he's really not all that chunky. This made me curious about Matthew at this age, so I looked up his 9 month stats. This is what I found:

Weight: 15 lbs, 10 ozs
Height: 28.5 in
Head: 44.5 cm

So, I guess we are justified in calling Seth chunky, at least in comparison to Matthew.

Seth continues to be an easy baby. His recent bout with croup made me realize how much I take his good nature for granted. His sickness made him pretty needy. Otherwise he's pretty content to play by himself. Of course, he doesn't mind when Matthew and I play with him or at least when we are near him. He's getting closer to crawling, but not quite there yet. He loves his walker and is great at clipping all our ankles. Ouch! He gets really excited when someone actually takes the time to hold his hands and help him walk. He's a great eater and likes to eat things all by himself. He's good at picking up cereal, small pieces of cheese, and even peas. He loves to laugh, especially when tickled or watching his older brother do silly things.

We sure love this little guy and can't believe how quickly he is growing!

Our little monkeys on a recent outing at the zoo:

3 comments:

Shalene said...

they are growing so fast...matthew is looking so big...

Lefty said...

It is interesting that their height and head measurements are so close.

That's all. Boring comment...

Stephanie said...

Wow, Matthew's face is getting so slim and mature! I can't believe how big they are both getting.