
So Elyse is well below the 3rd percentile mark. Matthew didn't fall below it until he was 4 months, but he also started out around the 50th percentile. Part of me wishes that I recorded all the weight checks that Matthew had during the first 6 weeks of his life, but at the time they were awfully painful and I understand why I didn't record them . . . I didn't want to remember. I have been tempted to call his old pediatricians office to get the data so I'd have more points to plot, but I think that it's clear enough that he was a slow gainer. He was even mostly bottle fed after 6 weeks, when I had to go back to teaching, so at that point to don't think there could have been any question that he was getting enough to eat. He was taking as much as he wanted. At Elyse's weight check our pediatrician mentioned that she'd like to see Matthew's growth chart, so I suppose I should take it in when we go back from Elyse's 4 month appointment. But, a big part of me feels like I shouldn't have to provide validation for the way that Elyse seems to be growing. I probably will still bring it in, although I'm contemplating just having Jon take her in again. My emotions when it comes to the eating/weight gain issues are just a little too raw.
3 comments:
I used to have the opposite problem. All our boys were huge and chubby...90th percentile. And I actually was told that my babies, BABIES, were at risk for obesity! They wanted to know what I fed them. Umm...breast milk. Don't worry that you aren't doing enough for your babies. You know them better than some doctor. You keep doing what you're doing. You'll know when they are not healthy and happy.
Ju, I think it's awesome that you did that! Hey thanks again for the children's museum membership and letting Matthew come down here for Lucy's party. She loved having a slumber party with him! I wish I would have taken more pics of them playing together to send you.
Love,
Rach
Reading this makes me MISS you! Such a bummer this language thing separates the school so much! Maybe we need a play-date for us?! Perhaps after T-day or Xmas? I'd love to catch up!
Kristi Gilbert
Ellie's mom and fan of Matthew and YOU!
Post a Comment