As a side note, about a couple of months ago we took our vacuum in to have it serviced and after an inspection, the vacuum man informed us that it was on it's last legs and it wasn't even worth the $19.99 (with coupon) to have it serviced. So, we began looking into different vacuums, knowing inevitably the day would come that the vacuum would fail.
Friday was that day. I began vacuuming and shortly after I heard a strange sound, followed by the lights going out. I quickly realized that I had blown a fuse. After several trips up and down the three flights of stairs and throwing nearly all the switches, I got the lights back on. Undeterred from my vacuuming, I plugged the vacuum into a different outlet and continued to vacuum. Once again I blew the fuse. After quickly throwing the correct switch I tried again to vacuum, blowing the fuse again. Well, the third time was a charm and I figured that the vacuum was dead.
Shortly thereafter I began calling around for prices on the Dyson ball, the vacuum we thought that we wanted. Finding that the price was the same at all places, I decided to go the the sewing and vacuum store to purchase the vacuum seeing that they were willing to recycle our old vacuum anyway.
At the store a salesman showed us (me and the boys) the ball and also asked about our vacuum usage and our home. I was pretty satisfied with it, except I didn't like the idea of a bagless vacuum. That just seemed like a big mess. I then asked the salesman what he would recommend for our circumstances. He proceeded to show me the Miele Neptune. After only a few minutes I was sold.
After getting it home, I proceeded to vacuum nearly every surface in the house. I love this vacuum! Jon jokes that I finally found something that I love more than him. Luckily the boys share my enthusiasm for the vacuum too. Matthew was so excited about the new vacuum he insisted on taking a picture with it.
4 comments:
Congrats on your new vacuum! I have always loved vacuums and vacuuming, and always thought I wanted a Dyson as well. Not that we're in the market for getting a new vacuum anytime soon (I wish!) but I'll have to look at this new one you guys got. Looks like fun!
We are happy to hear about your new purchase. We will be in the market soon. Ours is sounding so terrible
New "toys" are so much fun! I'm glad you found one that you really like - maybe you'll enjoy cleaning that much more. :)
Bagless vacuums really are a big mess.
I love vacuuming. I think it's my favorite chore.
So it's good to have a good review for the moment we need to switch!
Post a Comment