So, a couple of weeks ago was a record breaking heat wave in Seattle. I'm generally to first to make fun of wimpy Seattlites and their low tolerance for supposed heat, but the week was really pretty miserable.
Initially my strategy for keeping cool was to spend each day near some body of water. Unfortunately, by Tuesday Seth was running a fever (we ended up in the ER) and I decided to retreat to my parents' which was cooler than ours.
Luckily, we survived, barely. Here are a couple of highlights from the week:
Seth's 1st Ice Cream Cone~
The ice cream and ice aisle at most stores were pretty decimated. Apparently a lot of people had the same idea. Seth sure enjoyed it!
Matthew's 1st Week of Soccer ~
The turnout on the first day was pretty sparse. Maybe something to do with the class being in a non-air conditioned gym the day after the hottest day ever recorded in Seattle. Unfortunately, I was only able to get shots of the team warming up and stretching, which of course was adorable. I'm sure there will be more pictures of soccer soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment