Friday, May 09, 2008

Little Brother

I always intended to start the blog with the announcement that we were expecting, but I just thought that I might get around to it sooner. With Matthew we sent out the mass email after we found out that he was a boy and that was my intention with this little one. However, it's been about 8 weeks since we found out that we are having another boy and I'm just getting around to starting the blog now.

We have been pretty stumped when it comes to finding a name for this little one. We are very good about eliminating possibilities, but less effective at pinning something down. Since we have no idea what his name will be and also because we are trying to get Matthew used to the idea of a new baby, the baby has come to be known as Little Brother. We've started to joke that may end up being his given name because we can't decide on anything else. I think that it's just proof that our lives still revolve around Matthew which makes me worry how he is going to handle sharing the spotlight.

Currently, Matthew seems to be okay with the idea of a little brother. He talks about all the things that we will teach Little Brother to do like climbing, walking, making cookies, playing with trains. He also likes to give suggestions for names which usually consist of a bunch of jibberish. I'm clinging to the fact that Matthew has been pretty adaptable in the past. He put up with us working on various schedules, summers away from home, lots of short trips, different babysitters, and now even preschool. He's been through a lot of change in his short life and this summer will be no different. I hope we are all ready for all that will happen in just a few short months.

Without further ado . . . ultrasound pictures of Little Brother:
































3 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Hooray, I'm the first to leave a comment on your blog! Mom told me that you started one. Glad your joining the bandwagon. I thought maybe you would once school was over. Let me know if you want me to email you any design tricks or how to make photo collages (they are really easy to do and upload much faster than waiting for multiple pictures to upload).
Love,
Rach

sharon said...

Hey thats awesome when are you due? I'm due the second week of september. Were not finding out we want a surprise. Congrats!!

Mary said...

Yeah Julie! We are so excited for you!