http://www.rootsofempathy.org/
I had heard good things about the program and since I'm a glutton for volunteering myself and my family, when asked, I said yes.
Unexpectedly, visiting the class fast became a monthly highlight. Each month we'd discuss some aspect of Elyse's growth and development. I loved having to actually think and report about her temperament, her skill development, and her unique ways of communicating. I also learned some tricks for working with Matthew and Seth and helping them adjust to the new member of our family. Overall it was a fabulous experience and I'd highly recommend it to any family of a newborn. It almost makes me want to have another baby so that I could do it again, ALMOST!
![]() |
| Elyse and her class! |
![]() | |
| Elyse (in the very back with the green headband) and some of the other baby "teachers" from the Seattle Area. |


1 comment:
Sounds like a great class! When we were in Eugene we got to participate in a cognitive development class for kids ages 3-5, and for their parents. It was an awesome experience for us, too. Isn't it funny how we value education on children and parenting so much more once we're married with children (versus single and in college)? Timing is everything, right? I'm glad you got to have such a great experience!
Post a Comment