So, we opted for the easiest, cheapest birthday party option that we could find. So when a friend mentioned about LEGO parties that a local math store hosts, I was pretty sold on the idea. Matthew enjoys building with legos, but he's not exactly passionate about it. I didn't know if he and his friends would be entertained by millions of legos for an entire hour. They weren't. But it they did have fun and did manage to find other ways to keep themselves happy. And I was so glad not to have to plan, entertain, and clean up after a party.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Birthday Party
I honestly was hoping that Matthew might forget about having a "friend" birthday party this year. I hadn't ever planned on doing it until after winter break, so when he hadn't mentioned anything after a couple days back I thought that we were off the hook. No such luck.
So, we opted for the easiest, cheapest birthday party option that we could find. So when a friend mentioned about LEGO parties that a local math store hosts, I was pretty sold on the idea. Matthew enjoys building with legos, but he's not exactly passionate about it. I didn't know if he and his friends would be entertained by millions of legos for an entire hour. They weren't. But it they did have fun and did manage to find other ways to keep themselves happy. And I was so glad not to have to plan, entertain, and clean up after a party.

Enjoying some cake and ice cream.
Opening presents and admiring presents!

So, we opted for the easiest, cheapest birthday party option that we could find. So when a friend mentioned about LEGO parties that a local math store hosts, I was pretty sold on the idea. Matthew enjoys building with legos, but he's not exactly passionate about it. I didn't know if he and his friends would be entertained by millions of legos for an entire hour. They weren't. But it they did have fun and did manage to find other ways to keep themselves happy. And I was so glad not to have to plan, entertain, and clean up after a party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is getting so big!
A math store? Is that where comic-book nerds go to make fun of people?
Post a Comment