Monday, December 13, 2010

SAM

Last week the brave kindergarten teachers at Matthew’s school ventured out with 40+ kindergartners to the Seattle Art Museum to do a fabric scavenger hunt. They have been studying fabric in science as a basis for learning to make observations and comparisons. I hadn’t initially intended to bring Seth along, but babysitting fell through and the Matthew’s teacher assured me he was welcome. Beside, Seth was completely thrilled by the idea of riding a school bus. While we were inside the museum I didn’t find much time to snap pictures (I’m sure that you can imagine the stress and anxiety associated with chaperoning four kindergartners and Seth among priceless works of art. We made more than dew docents VERY nervous.) But, I did catch a couple pictures of Seth and me on the bus and some of the kids safely outside the museum. It was a fun trip and I love that the kids got some exposure to art, especially in cross-curricular way.

No comments: