Sunday, July 25, 2010

Seth is Two!

It's been two years since Seth made his unexpected entrance OR two years since the Bar (that's the way Jon seems to remember it). We celebrated the day with family and with a special guest . . . Cookie Monster!
I must be getting better at cakes, because this one actually wasn't that hard. I got it done in record time and was pretty pleased with the result. Seth loved it!

Seth, with a little tutoring from Matthew, became very adept at opening presents. He loved all the new toys but gave the best reactions for the gum and mac and cheese that he got from Grammy and Grampy.
We are grateful for all the friends and family that helped make his day special. As a parent, it's very gratifying to see your children be loved and adored by others. I'm thankful for those around me who see the wonderous in my children when I'm having a hard time finding it.

For the record, here are some of the things that I adore (and sometimes detest) about my two-year-old Seth:

  • I love they way he says "thanks ma" and "do it" (meaning I'll do it myself)
  • I love how he loves smoothies (he asks for them every day) and gum, and that he actually chews the gum for a long time and doesn't just swallow it.
  • I love that he always wants to sing about Heidi going on a mission ("Heidi, Misch?")
  • I love how he always asks me to play "If Your Happy and You Know It" in the car by clapping his hands and saying "Appy!"
  • I love that he can put on his own pants and shoes.
  • I love that he calls Grampy (aka Grampy-monster) Cookie.
  • I love how he always wants to talk on the phone, especially with Pa or Grammy.
  • I love how he likes to accessorize with hats, necklaces, watches, and beads.
  • I love how he sings along to "I Am a Child of God" at bed and nap time.
  • I love his giggle.
  • I love how he tries to tell knock-knock jokes.
  • I love how he has the same conversation with Jon every day after he gets home from work: "Bus, Pa?" "Yes, I rode the bus to work." "Backpack, Pa?" "Yes, I took my backpack to work." "Work, Pa?" "Yes, I did my work." "Bus, Pa?" "Yes, I rode the bus home." "Backpack, Pa?" "Yes, I brought my backpack home." "Home, Pa?" "Yes, I'm home."
  • I love that he will eat nearly any kind of food that we offer him, especially vegetables.
  • I love that what he calls me--mama--and what he calls Matthew--ma ma (with the a sounding the same as it does in Matthew's name)--are almost the same.

3 comments:

Shalene said...

What an awesome cake!!! He is looking a lot like his big brother!!! Sounds like he is a smart cookie :) Glad you all are doing well :)

Christen said...

I can't believe you made that cake! That is some serious talent. Happy Birthday to Seth!!

Stephanie said...

OMGoodness! That cake is amazing! I wish I had your skills. :) Can't believe he's already two! Happy birthday to Seth!