Saturday, December 05, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Just like the old woman that I'm becoming, I didn't want to do anything too exciting for my birthday. Although I must admit that most of my motivation for wanting to keep it low key was the result of the colds that Jon and I were and are fighting.

Jon gave me one of the greatest birthday gifts ever by working from home for the day. So, he was home to help get us out the door for preschool by 8:00 am and he was home when I came home with two exhausted boys at 12:30pm. He was home to help put ornery boys down for naps. He was home to keep Matthew occupied while I worked on stuff for PTA. He was home to make and clean up dinner. And he was home to put boys to bed. Obviously, I loved having him home. It made for a nearly perfect day; all except for the sore throat, lost voice, and cough.

I'm so grateful for my boys, (the two little ones and the bigger one) who help remind me that my 30 years of life haven't been a total waste!

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Happy belated Birthday, Julie! I'm glad you had such a great day!!

Shalene said...

I'm glad you had such a great day!! It really is nice to have such great help.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Bummer that you are sick! I am glad, though, that you still had a good birthday and that Jon was able to make it such a special and helpful day!

P.S. I think you look darling in your glasses!

Stephanie said...

Well, happy birthday, Julie! A day with a handy, helpful husband is ALWAYS a good day. :)

Megan and Greg said...

HAPPY BDAY!!!!!! Sounds like a great day! Your kids are so big! I hardly recognized Matthew, he's changed so much!!! And your youngest is already so big! So much can change so fast!